Frankfurt School Financial Services fund management and advisory work is spread geographically and product wise from providing microfinance loans in developing countries, managing impact funds from the Balkans to Latin America, Africa and Asia and supporting start-up companies in Frankfurt. All our work is based on the demands of a client base that is committed to socially responsible and sustainable financing practices. For our headquarters in Frankfurt, we are currently seeking to recruit a Head of Risk Management.
Role and responsibilities
As a member of the senior leadership of Frankfurt School Financial Services, the Head of Risk Management will be responsible for providing oversight and management to all risk management related topics within the Group and report directly to the Managing Directors. She/he will be responsible for the development of risk strategies and to quantify and define the risk profile of the portfolio under management and any new funds.
Strategic risk management
- provide thought leadership in the field of macroeconomic analysis, country risk assessment, and geographical asset allocation, with special reference to the microfinance market in our target regions,
- continuously develop and enhance current risk methodologies and to ensure international best practices are followed when implementing new processes
- manage a team of six members based in Frankfurt and our risk management centre in Armenia, and
- develop, analyse, report, and comment on the risk profiles of countries, individual assets and entire portfolios,
- assess the risk/opportunity profiles of proposed new investments taking a holistic view of all risks,
- prepare standardized reports and customized reviews, and engage with clients on a variety of financial, social, and economic aspects of our investment management activities,
- actively monitor and contribute to the processes of identifying, managing and processing distressed credit exposures and problem loans,
- ensure the conformity of our business activities with the relevant regulatory provisions, e.g. the Minimum Supervisory Requirements to Risk Management by Financial Services Providers (MaRisk).
- independent thinker with excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, pragmatic problem solving skills and proactive attitude as well as a high degree of commitment, sociability, flexibility, and intercultural sensitivity
- a university degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business, finance, or economics; a professional qualification such as CFA or FRM will be considered a plus),
- at least five years of professional experience in the field of financial risk management covering all relevant risk types (credit, market, and operational risk),
- business fluency in English and German, as well as excellent spoken and written communication skills, fluency in Spanish would be a plus,
- Proficiency in MS Office, incl. strong financial modeling experience in MS Excel and VBA, and advanced Word and PowerPoint skills,
- Robust working knowledge of MS Access or comparable relational database management systems.
We explicitly encourage applications from risk professionals without dedicated experience – but of course interest – in sustainable investments. Please send your application, via email to Ms Silvia Kreibiehl (email@example.com) and Mr Martin Cremer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Frankfurt School Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer.